Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Solar power solutions at home
With energy sources depleting at a rate faster than they are being built, it is only wise that we use the abundant energy available for free – the solar energy. Apart from the easy availability, solar energy helps control environmental pollution. Most of us shy away from installing solar power solutions at home thinking them to be expensive and cumbersome. You will, however, be surprised to know how easy it is to employ these power solutions. Moreover, these will help cut down your power bills. Finally, you will be delighted to know tat you are doing your bit to save power for the future generations.
This article will explore the various solar power options available for home use.
Solar cooker: A solar cooker is a cooking utensil that uses absolutely no fuel for cooking. You can cook food for up to five people in the small box. If you are thinking that using a solar cooker will reduce your chances of spreading up a varied platter on the dining table, you will be surprised to know that you can not only boil food items in the cooker but also roast and bake! The only limitation with the solar cooker is the time it takes to cook. However, given the free source of energy it uses, this is a great option for cutting down those sky-rocketing bills and saving some power.
Solar home lighting: A solar home lighting system converts solar energy into electrical energy for your home. This is done via cells that are charged with solar energy. So, in the night, if you wonder how the lights are on in the house, it is because of the solar energy stored in the solar cells. You can install the solar home lighting system in your house and not worry about the electricity bills anymore.
Solar heating system: Installing a solar heating system in your home helps cutting down your electricity bill along with saving the world’s quickly-exhausting power. If you are worried that a solar heating system will turn your sweet home into a gadget house or that it will be an expensive investment, your concerns are misplaced. Companies providing solar power solutions for homes make it a point to install aesthetically-pleasing heating systems in your house. As per as expenditure is concerned, investing in a solar heating system is wise because you get a return on your investment within 3-4 years, giving you absolutely free service after that.
Make Power, Save Money
Making wind power
Wind energy is readily available but wind power is not. Unfortunately, the wind power system has not reached the status of becoming a regular power system. However, the good news is that the concept is picking up.
Why is wind power important?
Wind power makes sense in these times when the demand far exceeds the supply. The convention ways of producing electricity make use of the non-renewable fuels, not only making such resources scarce but also affecting the environment negatively. The power generated by wind proves beneficial in the following ways:
• Free source of energy – The wind power makes use of wind energy which is absolutely free, thus saving the non-renewable sources of energy for longer.
• No environmental hazards – The generation of wind power is extremely environment-friendly. It does not emit harmful gases nor does it have any other environment-damaging impact.
• Cost-effective – Using a free energy makes wind turbines extremely cost-effective. Moreover, there remains no worry of sky-rocketing electricity bills.
• 24/7 uninterrupted supply – The wind power ensures that you never have power outages in your house and farm.
• Self-dependent source – Making use of wind power makes you independent. You no longer depend on the government and its agencies for power.
How can we make power from the wind?
A wind turbine is employed to make use of the abundant wind energy. A wind turbine converts wind energy into mechanical energy for mechanical work. Such a wind turbine is generally referred to as a windmill. A wind generator is a wind turbine that further converts the mechanical energy into electrical energy.
A wind turbine typically consists of blades, a tower, a shaft, a base, and a generator. The blades of the wind turbine rotate in the wind to generate mechanical energy. The two pre-requisites for installing a wind turbine are a large area of at least one acre and an average wind speed of 11 miles per hour.
What are the uses of wind power?
The uses of wind power are many. Let’s look at some of the popular ones:
• Running all possible electrical and electronic appliances
• Pumping out water
• Grinding grains and stones
By employing a wind turbine at your home or farm, you definitely make the world a better place. The wind power is a green solution to the power crisis. It does not harm the environment in any way. Moreover, it does not make use of any fuel, thus promising a future of no power-crisis.
Make Wind Power
Install solar power
With the world faced with a severe energy crisis, it is wise to invest in an alternate power solution at home. It not only helps the government fight energy crisis in a better way, but also helps save power for the rest of the world. Installing an alternate energy solution at home is no less than a great humanitarian effort.
Among the alternate power solutions, the solar power system and the wind power system are the most popular being less cumbersome. Though wind power is a great idea, not all of us can implement it at our homes because of its pre-requisites. For implementing a wind power system, we need a large area and the average wind speed in the area should be 11 miles per hour. In comparison, the solar power system is easier to implement. All you need is abundant sun light.
The complete solar power system has different components. Most people implement a few of these components as per their needs. Let’s look at the various solar power components.
Solar cooker: The solar cooker is the most popular solar energy system implemented at homes. Let’s look at its advantages:
• Healthy cooking – The food cooked using a solar cooker is considered very healthy. You can cook for a family of five in a small cooking box at a time.
• Variety cooking – You can boil, roast, and bake using the same system!
• No fuel - The solar cooker does not use any other fuel other than the sun’s light, thus helping you save power.
• No emissions - The solar cooker neither emits any gases nor does it leave any residue. It makes for the most environment-friendly cooking system.
Solar generator: The solar generator is a device that runs all your electrical appliances using the solar energy. This device converts solar energy into electrical energy using photovoltaic cells. The solar generator is also referred to as the solar lighting system. The solar generator stores electrical energy in cells for later use. Installing a solar generator at home is a great power-saving and cost-saving idea. Imagine running the electrical appliances without worrying about paying any bills!
Solar thermal system: Implementing a solar thermal system or solar heating system at home takes care of your home’s temperature needs. You can maintain a steady temperature at your house without worrying about bills. Thanks to its popularity, the heating systems will not only suit your budget but also please your eyes. These systems are no longer an eye sore.
Make Solar Power
So, you are interested in knowing more about a self sufficient life style and reduce your electricity bills, than you have come to the right place.
With the ever increasing costs of living and global warming, there should be better time when we stop throwing money out the window and save some by starting to generate our own electricity.
Whether you want to simply cut your power bills to half or completely eliminate them – the one stop solution is Earth4Energy.
Why pay a huge amount like $1000's for utilization of solar or wind power when you can have the opportunity to build your own home made solar system for less than $200.
That's right, there are guides that teach you everything you need to know about generating your own electricity by using wind and solar power. With the complete step-by-step setup fully illustrated manuals and easy to follow video instructions present in the guide you will be able to create renewable energy at home.
Solar and wind power systems brought from the market costs higher but the guide and the program in it gives you the information that is required to get the same results at a tiny price.
Once you have learned and ready to build and install your alternate power supply, you will save hundreds of dollars on your electricity bill. You need not have to build a 500 hundred foot high wind turbine to save lots of money on energy, a much smaller can be built by following the instructions present in the Earth4Energy kit.
The Earth4Energy kit is the best system for people who are looking to save money on their home energy bill and want to build a energy generator at home .There is no other kit out there in the market like Earth4Energy that explains clearly with manuals or even includes videos. The Earth4Energy kit is available online for purchase. Many people can now have access to alternative solar and wind energy.
The Earth4Energy kit suggests one of those popular alternative energy devices that prove to drop home energy costs by 50-80%. The kit also shares information on where to purchase free batteries required for your project. These batteries store the alternative energy making it a portable energy resource. You can take them anywhere, for any use!
Eartth4Energy is simply the best friendly system for preparing an alternative home energy. So if you are planning to save money on those high energy bills, then you should bring this guide and start working on it.
Self Sufficient Life-style
What is a ametek generator?
An ametek generator is a machine that uses wind energy to produce electrical energy. It captures wind energy and converts it into mechanical energy that moves the blades of a motor to produce electrical energy. Ametek generators help produce thousands of megawatts of electricity. They are also a very popular power solution for individual farms. They are ideal for large areas with good wind speed.
Setting up a home ametek wind generator does not require any professional help; individuals can easily set it up with the help of numerous guides available in the market. The components of a wind generator are also easily available in the market.
Though, How does a Ametek wind generator differ from a windmill or wind turbine?
Ametek wind generators have been in use for a long time in the form of windmills or wind turbines. Years ago, when electricity was not invented, wind turbines were used to pull boats and pump out water.
Even now, the terms, wind generator, windmill, and wind turbine are used to refer to the same device.
What are the advantages of using an ametek generator?
The advantages of ametek generator are many. Let’s look at a few of them.
Environment-friendly: Ametek generators prove to be environment-friendly in two ways:
• They do not emit harmful gases in the atmosphere nor do they leave any harmful residual component.
• They do not use any fuel to produce electricity, thereby helping the cause of the environment.
Power-saver: Wind generators are an alternative power solution. They do not use any non-renewable sources of energy, thus helping in times of energy crisis.
Economical: Though the initial cost of setting up a wind generator seems high, the cost of generating electricity in the long run becomes nil. So, you will be getting electricity absolutely free after a few years.
Independent option: Ametek generators do away with the dependence on power plants and the government for electricity. With a wind generator in your land, you have your own power plant for life.
24/7 power: With wind generators, you can say bye to power outages forever. You will get continuous, uninterrupted power supply for your entire house and land.
If you want to help the world and fight the current energy crisis, invest in a ametek generator.
Torch ………………………... Check
Camp Chairs ………………… Check
Food & Accessories ………… Check
Camping Electricity ………… ??????
Don’t panic! If you intend going on camp and need electricity then you need not panic. The Earth4Energy resource software will demonstrate how you can make your own energy on camp using solar energy from the sun or wind. The software has a ton of fun-filled DIY solutions to create energy on the spot and does not require enormous work.
Tips for finding ideas to make electricity camp
• Illustrations: Visual descriptions work better than only-text ones. If your camp electricity guide has illustrative descriptions for making a electricity, it makes your task easier. Visual descriptions give you the idea in one go as suppose to tedious text of which half of it makes no senses.
• Easy language: If your electricity-making guide uses a lot of jargon and technical information, it is better to look for a different one. Look for one that has easy-to-understand language making your task fluid.
• Component descriptions: Your campmade electricity guide should be able to provide you with detailed visual and textual descriptions of all the components you need to use. It is also important that the guide tells you which type of component works best for a site like yours.
• Local information: If your guide gives you information about the best available equipment in Europe while you are reading it from a countryside location in western USA, your guide is as good as useless. Look for a guide that provides equipment information of places around you.
Make Camp Power
How to save power at home
We all learned about the renewable and non-renewable sources of energy in school. However, we never paid much attention to the rapid consumption of the non-renewable sources of energy until recently. The world is faced with severe energy crisis now and none of us remain unaffected anymore. Should we leave everything to the governments, or can we do something to save power? The answer is simple: we can.
Let us look at how you can save power at home.
Computer: More often than not, we do not switch off our monitors even after we have shut down our computers. Keep the monitor and the computer switched off when you are not using them. Start practicing this even when at work. You will help save some more power for the world.
Light bulbs: You must have seen compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs being advertised all the time. You must have even used them at times. As a power-saving measure, start using the CFL light bulbs as much as you can. If you are thinking they are more expensive than the regular bulbs, the benefits of the CFL bulbs will prove much more cost-effective in the long turn by the amount of power they will save.
Air Conditioner: Set the temperature at the minimum or maximum best you are comfortable with, depending on the season. Try not to set it at too high or too low temperatures. Setting the air conditioner at reasonable temperatures helps save a lot of energy.
Washing Machines: Do you use your washing machine as often as you want? Do you use your washing machine even when there are not enough clothes to wash? Minimize the number of washes by washing full load of clothes every time.
Television: Take off the power plug of your television set when not using it. This may not sound a big deal but this tiny step will help save power.
Geysers: Keep the geyser thermostat at the minimum heat. You do not need to heat the water at a very high temperature or for too long.
Refrigerator: Bring hot food to room temperatures before putting it into the refrigerator. You can also save power by taking cold or frozen food out of the refrigerator much before the mealtime, thereby saving power in heating it.
Car: For an air-conditioner equipped car, pull up the windows of your car before switching on the air-conditioner.
Make Power at Home
What is a solar inverter?
A solar inverter is a device that converts solar energy into electrical energy. The sun’s light energy is converted into electrical energy by solar cells also known photovoltaic cells. The return on investment of a solar inverter is very fast, thus making electricity available at very low costs. The solar inverter/generator also does away with our dependence on the government for electricity. In the current times of fast-depleting fuel resources, it is only wise that we look towards implementing alternate energy solutions.
In addition your solar generator also helps store power in cells for later use. Thus, you can illuminate your house even when the sky is cloudy. The solar generator, hand-in-hand with your inverter definitely proves to be a silver lining.
The sun is the most abundant and the cheapest source of energy, yet we do not exploit its potential. In these times of depleting resources and increasing prices, the solar energy proves to be the most beneficial and the most economical power solution.
What are the uses of solar energy?
Solar energy has multiple uses, especially in the current times of energy crisis. Solar energy finds its use in the following areas:
• Cooking: The solar energy can be used in cooking with the help of a cooking utensil called the solar cooker. This cooker uses just one fuel – the sun’s light. A typical solar cooker can cook food for five people. A solar cooker does not limit itself to boiling food; it can bake and roast as well. You just need to have a little patience while cooking with a solar cooker.
• Generating electricity: With solar energy, you can run all your electrical appliances. The solar generators store electricity in cells that you can use at night.
• Heating systems: With solar energy heating systems, you can keep your house warm without worrying about electricity bills.
What are the advantages of using a solar generator/inverter?
Pollution-free: Using a solar generator paves way to a greener environment. It does not pollute the environment in any way. Moreover, it does not make use of any of the scarce fuels.
Cost-effective: The solar generator makes use of a free energy, thus helping save money. In the long run, the electricity produced by the solar generator turns out to be available for free.
Power storage: The solar generator helps store power for the rainy days, literally. It thus ensures that you have uninterrupted power supply to your home around the clock, everyday.
Low-maintenance: The solar generator is very easy to maintain, helping you save time, effort, and money.
Make solar power
The sun’s energy or the solar energy is the most abundant form of energy available on earth. The sun is capable of giving us more than heat and light. The sun has been one of the biggest factors dictating every living being’s stay on the earth. If we go the right path, we can harness more from the solar energy, like generating power for daily use.
What are the advantages of solar power?
The solar energy solution is gaining popularity amongst the alternate energy solutions.
• Green energy solution: When you look at the solar energy solution, you will realize that it uses absolutely no fuel other than the sun’s light. Moreover, it does not release into the atmosphere anything harmful.
• Cheapest power solution: First, the energy comes free. Then, the installation cost is a one-time cost. Finally, the investment is recovered within a few years of installation, making the power generated by solar energy absolutely free.
• Convenience of storage: You cannot store conventional power but you can store solar power for future use. The sun’s energy comes to rescue even in the times of darkness! Storing it also ensures a 24x7 supply of power, thus saving you from any power outage.
• Low on maintenance: The solar energy systems are easy to maintain. They do not involve high costs or too much effort, thus letting you reap the benefits of the solution comfortably.
How can solar power be used?
Solar power can be used in our everyday lives by adopting the following solar power systems:
• Solar cooking system: Solar cooking is about cooking without lighting a fire or using electricity! Before you wonder, let me tell you that solar cooking is not about bland food. You can cook in more ways than one – boil, roast, or bake, cook the way you want! The only demand that solar cooking makes of you is being patient; it is a matter of more than a few minutes. However, it is not asking for too much given that you will get tasteful and healthy food without worrying about paying your gas or electricity bill.
• Solar lighting system: You can now light up the entire house, use every electrical appliance without thinking about cutting down bills. The solar lighting system lights up your house even in the nights, thanks to the power storage feature it has.
• Solar heating system: You can keep your house cozy and warm using the solar heating system without worrying about costs.
Make Solar Power
Living off the grid
The shortage of power, the rapid consumption of non-renewable energy, the ever-increasing demand for power supply, the daily warnings about our environment are enough signs to tell us that it’s time we do something. So, what can we do? For starters, how about living off the grid? If I have startled you with that proposition, let me tell you that living off the grid not only helps the environment and helps save power; it also cuts down our electricity bill substantially. Now, that’s a tangible benefit apart from all the good you will do to the world. Trust me, you will feel good doing this.
Let us first study the advantages of living off the grid.
• Reduced dependability on exhausting resources: Who wants to depend on public utilities all the time? Living off the grid helps you rely only on your resources and not the ones supplied by governments or corporations. How often have you cursed when faced with a power outage in the midst of some important work or a party? Wouldn’t you like to take charge of such factors affecting you life? With alternate power solutions, you can.
• Freedom of usage of naturally available resources: How would you feel when you don’t have to pay for the power you use? Wouldn’t it be delightful to use as much power as you want without worrying about the electricity meter? You can make use of the abundant power available in the nature to light up your home and make your food. The solar power solutions and the wind power solutions are the answers to your power quest (well, literally!).
• Reduced power costs, helping save your money: How would you feel if the electricity bills stop coming in your letter box? The alternate power solutions give you a return on investment very soon, thus making the power supply to your home eventually free!
• Making way for a healthier environment: Don’t you bless the people who planted trees years ago not expecting them to miraculously grow? They planted those trees for the future generations. Make the future of your future generations secure by giving them a greener, healthier world. Cut down on the usage of non-renewable sources of energy. Try to use water minimally. There is not much drinking water left for the next generations.
If you are thinking it is not very feasible to live off the grid, look for alternate power solutions and you will be surprised to learn that they are not only cost-effective but also extremely feasible.
Make Off-grid Power
Homemade Solar Panel
The present economic scenario and the ever-shrinking state of the global oil reserves is not good news for everyone. But on a positive note it makes us investigate for alternative energy sources that is become the solution of cutting down present and the future energy consumption, particularly in terms of fossil fuel usage like oil. For example, it has become more and more economical to build home made solar energy system. Building the home made solar panels that utilize deep cell storage batteries produce the electricity upon consumer demand and reduce the their individual dependence on the country’s energy grid.
Who is there in the world who does not wish to have the energy bills get reduced by 80% or more? Many of us shall want to take advantage of such a great deal. If such is the demand then follow the guide Earth4Energy that offers lot of fantastic home made solar solutions on their site, which can be built easily, for the low cost of less than $200.
The Features of the guide are -
• Full and detailed instructions given which can be easily understood by a layman or the unskilled for building a home made solar panel.
• Other details on how to obtain the components available in the neighborhood material store for preparing the home made solar system.
• Few Tips on how to construct the alternative energy generators that is not readily available anywhere else.
• One time investment - and life long updates to the manual and video series, at no additional cost.
• Full cash back if you are not saving hundreds of dollars per month on your energy bill after using the system for eight months.
• Detailed instructions explained by videos
Think about it! Here you are with a home made solar system, generating power that will be stored in deep cell batteries for future consumption. And all of this costs just pennies on the dollar! At www.Earth4Energy.com, you will have subscribe to the home made solar DIY kit and then begin to experience of making the energy generating kit at home. The DIY instructional manual and videos are easy to understand so that even a beginner will be able to understand.
They have a history of excited customers mentioning positive reviews about the many money saving quotes. Most of them who have built the devices can't believe how easy it was. Additionally, these testimonials or feedbacks state that they have actually gained and also saved 100% of their electric bill and that they could use the extra money to pay gasoline to their car!
Solar Panel Power
Making remote electricity
How is electricity produced conventionally?
Conventionally, electricity is produced by moving colossal turbines. These turbines are moved with the help of various types of energy. Let’s look at the most conventional ways of producing electrical energy:
• By using various fuels and water - Water is heated on a large-scale in furnaces. The vapor generated helps move the blades of turbines. Fuels like petroleum, coal, and natural gas are used to heat large quantities of water.
• By nuclear fission - Electricity is produced in nuclear reactors by making use of the heat generated in the chain reaction caused by nuclear fission. This heat boils water on a large scale converting it into vapor that turns the blades of the turbines.
• By bio-waste - Electricity is now also being produced by burning bio-fuels instead of fossil fuels. Bio-fuels are obtained from biological waste, mainly from plants. Bio-fuels are considered safer than fossil fuels.
• By hydro-power - Water is also a popular method of producing electricity. Rivers and large bodies of water are used to move huge turbines. Though this method of electricity production does not affect the air around us, it spoils the ecological balance inside the water bodies.
• By wind - Electricity is produced by wind generators. These wind generators convert wind energy into mechanical energy which is further converted into electrical energy.
Why is there a need for looking for alternate electricity sources?
Alternate power solutions are needed in the light of highly-depleting fuels and energy sources. Moreover, most of the convention ways of electricity production harms the environment in one way or the other.
The world is currently faced with tremendous power-crisis. We can no longer depend on fossil fuels for power. At the same time, we need to take measures to prevent the harmful effects that convention power production has on the environment.
How can we produce electricity?
In times of global power-crisis and severe environmental-damage, the question is: what can we do to help? We can do plenty if we want to. We need to start with consuming less power. Next, we can employ any of the following energy solution to make electricity:
• Wind power solution – Installing a wind turbine can help generate electricity for our homes and farms.
• Solar power solution – Using the solar power to cook light up and heat our homes is a wise idea.
• Bio-gas – Bio-gas can be used to produce electricity on small scales.
Make Remote Electricity
Renewable energy solutions
With the world slowly moving to the much-dreaded energy crisis, it is important that we reduce our dependency on non-renewable sources of energy. Non-renewable sources being renewable are about to get extinct. Renewable energy solutions refer to those energy solutions that can keep churning energy without exhausting the resources. Three types of energy solutions fall into the category of renewable energy solutions: solar energy solutions, hydro energy solutions, and wind energy solutions.
Solar energy solutions: The sun’s energy is the most abundant energy available on earth. Make use of this free energy. You can employ solar power solutions at home. This will not only cut down power bills but also help you contribute to a greener world. Solar power solutions comprise of solar cookers, solar heating systems, solar lighting systems, solar dryers etc.
The sun has always been a source of heat energy and light energy. With the advancement of technology, the sun’s energy can be used to create other forms of energy.
The solar energy systems have many advantages apart from being cost-effective and environment-friendly. They are low on maintenance thus saving your time and effort. Also, solar systems give you a return on investment very soon, thus making the systems free after some time. Cooking with solar energy is also considered extremely healthy. Families have started employing solar energy as a power solution at their homes.
Hydro energy solutions: The hydro energy or water energy is an effective renewable energy. One can convert the hydro energy into electrical energy to run vehicles and various electrical appliances. Hydro energy is typically generated on a large scale. It has been estimated that 90 percent of the electrical energy produced by renewable resources is produced solely by hydro power. Dams are built to help generate electricity by tapping the water power.
There have been some concerns about using this energy because it is supposed to adversely affect the water-borne flora and fauna.
Wind energy solutions: Windmills were in existence even in the years before the birth of Christ. They helped tow boats and pump water. Eventually, post-industrialization, they became a source for generating electricity.
Windmills and wind turbines have never been passé. Wind energy can help generate tonnes of megawatts of electricity. When employed at individual estates, it can help do away with conventional power sources. An excellent renewable source of energy, the wind energy will go a long way in promising a good future to generations to come.
Renewable Energy Solution
Reduce energy usage
The most difficult day of every month is when time comes to pay bills and mostly the enormous electricity bills that we get. It’s high time and we need to take serious measures to reduce the power bill. Do not worry. We will share some key tips and will make you reach your goal.
Make sure to discuss with family member about the importance of saving electricity. You can reward them a treat if their participation has led to savings. Suggest them some tips like switching of the lights when they are not present there and attending a call in another room or having dinner at the dining table. Make sure to switch off all the appliances even if you are sure to be back in five minutes. Yes, that will help a lot. Every drop of water makes an ocean.
We may prefer to switch off the television set or turn off the fan, but not the tubelight.We need light at the time of night but see that the usage is required in all the rooms or not.Taking care of such these small precautions will surely leads us to savings in the long run by reducing the bills of the power demon.
One should plan to invest smartly on power. Replace all the incandescent bulbs present in the house with compact fluorescent light or those CFL bulbs. These bulbs consume less electricity as they consume less power.
Buy the energy saver gadgets that are available in the market. Such gadgets will monitor the intake of the entire power supply in your house and makes you take decision on how to control the usage.
Most of us assume on the fact that the rise in electricity bill is due to the vast number of electrical items present at home. But the truth is that the electricity bill is not directly connected or affected due to the number of gadgets, but by the way one uses them.
Take a step forward to avoid using those typical items regularly that consumes lot of power -
• The washing machine should be used only when there is a bucket full of clothes.
• The geyser should not be kept on for maximum amount of time.
• The air-conditioner should be kept at minimum high or low temperature.
• Take note to switch off the computer monitor when not in use. It consumes maximum power and it just takes a second to switch it again.
Lastly we suggest that for reducing the electricity bill by taking benefit of reading the energy saving guide like Earth4Energy that has some of the best solutions to generate energy at home and providing free electricity to some of your home appliances. In this way we can save power that is facing a huge shortage because of the large demand in the global countries. Try to reduce the requirement of those electrical wires and sockets for home and use the renewable energy extracted from natural resources like wind, sun, tides at a lesser price but having a long term returns.